Types of Concrete Pumps
Concrete pumps are used in transferring liquid concrete to construction sites. The use of concrete pumps is the most efficient way to place concrete at work sites. They pump a large volume of concrete in a short period time. Concrete pumps have different types. Below are some of the general types.
- Boom Pump Trucks. This type of concrete pumping heavy equipment contains a frame, pump and a remote controlled articulating robotic arm known as the boom. Boom pump trucks or truck mounted boom pumps are capable of pumping massive volume of concrete in a short period of time. Because these trucks are equipped with robotic arms, they, in a sense save cost for manpower. These trucks are usually used in pouring liquid concrete in slabs and medium high-rise building for both commercial and industrial use. Boom pump trucks come in different kinds. There are single-axle trucks which are easy to maneuver and can enter confined areas. There are also six-axle pump trucks which are usually used for high-rise building because of their long reach.
- Line Pumps. Line pumps are portable concrete pumping equipment. They use hoses that are typically made from steel or plastic. These long hoses are attached to the outlet of the pumping machine to reach the construction site. Aside from its function to pump liquid cement to concrete formworks, line pumps are also used to pump concrete for grout, mortar, sludge and many others. The smaller versions of these line pumps are called as grout pumps. Because line pumps are smaller in size as compared to other concrete pumping equipment, they are easy to clean and maintain.
- Separate Concrete Placing Booms. These concrete pumps are commonly used as alternative for boom pump trucks whenever the latter could not reach the working sites due to narrow access points.
Renting Concrete Pumps
If you are a building contractor and you are looking for concrete pumps and other related tools and equipment for your construction projects, below are some tips that could help you find a reliable renting shop.
- Ask your co-contractors for recommendations. It is probable that some of them have already rented concrete pumps for their construction projects before.
- Look for renting shops at classified ads. Most renting shops advertise their services in printed publications like newspapers and magazines. You can compare the rates of the different renting shops against each other and find what suits your budget.
- Browse through the internet to find more renting shops. The cyberspace is a growing marketing arena where every business promotes their services and products to widen their client base.
- If you have some free time, you may visit the location of the renting shop and assess the condition of the equipments they offer for rent.