Basic Floor Sanding Equipment
Floor sanding is basically the refinishing of hardwood floors. It involves the removal of the upmost layer of a wooden floor through the use of abrasive materials. Though sanding a wooden floor is a rigorous task for it takes too much time and effort, its outcome could be really rewarding. The process could put back the original shine of your wooden flooring that has eventually faded away through the years.
Floor sanding requires the use of three basic equipment pieces: drum sander, vibrating sander and an edge sander.
- Drum Sander. This equipment is composed of a sander, a dust bag and a drum which houses large sheets of sanding paper. When use, this equipment rips off the entirety of your floor including its stained and faded portions and turns it into a bare wooden floor. In general, drum sanders are very heavy that it requires two strong people in order to lift it.
- Vibrating Sander. After your flooring has become bare once again, the next step that you should do is to smoothen it with the use of a vibrating sander. Though the same as the size of a drum sander, this floor sanding machine is much lighter than the former. Because of its vibrating motion, it easier to maneuver and operate across the floor. Similar to a drum sander, it also uses a dust bag.
- Edge Sander. This floor sanding machine is a good alternative for drum and vibrating sander in sanding hard-to-reach portions of your flooring. They also employ dust bags but they do not perform an automatic orbital motion. Though usually hand-held, edge sanders are also heavy for its small size.
Looking for a Reliable Rental Shop for Floor Sanding Machines
Floor sanding machines are very expensive. Even if you have money, it is not really practical to purchase one, for you will not be using it in a regular basis. So if you plan to refinish your hardwood floors, the most cost-effective way is to rent for floor sanding machines that you will be using. Below are some of the qualities of a good rental shop, use this as your guideline in finding a reliable sanding machine rental shop.
- Offers a wide assortment of good working floor sanding machines at reasonable rates
- Offers rental packages of floor sanding machines for discounted rates
- Offers free quote and consultation in determining the most suitable floor sanding machines to employ in your project
- Provides delivery and pick-up services for rented floor sanding machines in selected places in Australia on time
- Teaches clients on the proper use, maintenance, and storage of the rented floor sanding machines
- Exhibits good customer service