Protecting Your Windows from Strong Winds
House windows are very vulnerable to damage caused by strong winds. Thus, it is necessary that you take some actions to protect your windows against the wind. Below are some ways that you can do it.
- Install permanent storm shutters in your windows, most especially if you know that your area is often to be visited by typhoons, hurricanes or tornadoes. But if you can't afford the expensive prices of permanent storm shutter, you can choose to use plywood coverings as alternatives. However, sheets of plywood are not as strong as permanent shutters. Moreover, plywood coverings, along with other temporary window protections are hard and very time-consuming to assemble and disassemble. Permanent storm shutters, on the other hand, are very convenient to close and open whenever necessary. Most window shutters are made up of translucent materials, so even if it closed, light still comes into your house.
- Be ready at all times. Don't start making your temporary plywood coverings when you just heard on the radio that there a typhoon, hurricane or tornado on the way. Plan and create your temporary window protection ahead of time.
- If you are incapable of building your own temporary window coverings on your own, just seek the service of a contractor that would do the job for you.
- Cut branches of trees that might fall to your windows as preparation for the upcoming typhoon, hurricane or tornado.
- If you have money, try to replace your windows with high-impact glass windows. These windows are made up of two panes of tempered glass with a plastic film in between. These windows could be customized to fit the sizes, shapes and designs of your former windows. Though these windows are impact-resistant, they are not water-resistant.
Tips on Looking for a Reliable Window Repairer
??????????????? If your windows are accidentally damaged by strong winds or intently damage by burglars who attempted to enter your vicinity, don't think of replacing them immediately with new ones. Sometimes, the damage acquired by your windows is too small that it could still be repaired. The following are the ways that you can do to find a reliable window repairer.
- Consult with your friend, family, neighbors and co-workers for referrals. It is probable that some of them have already sought the service of a window repairer before.
- Browse through an online business directories and classified ads to find some window repairer that works within your vicinity. Window repairer promotes their services through these media to attract more potential customers.
- Ask at least three references from your prospective window repairer. Contact these references and ask whether they were satisfied with the services they got from your prospective window repairer.???????????????